Department of General Surgery provides comprehensive patient care for surgical patients including urology, burn, plastic and paediatric surgery.
The department comprises of the following wards:
- Paediatric Surgical Ward – 12 official beds.
- Male Surgical Ward – 36 official beds.
- Female Surgical Ward – 28 official beds (20 beds – Surgical patients & 8 beds – Neurosurgery patients)
- To provide an efficient, caring, professional and best possible care to patients who require surgical services according to local and internationally accepted clinical practice guidelines.
Scope of Services
- Provision of round the clock in-patient service
and facility for assessment, management, nursing care and rehabilitation of
patients with surgical disorders.
- Provision of elective and emergency surgical procedures/operations, and endoscopic services (diagnostic and therapeutic).
- Provision as referral center for central zone of
Sarawak, initial management and stabilization of patients being referred to
other tertiary hospitals.
- Provision of out-patient service through surgical clinics, including visiting subspecialties.
- Provision of day of surgery admission (DOSA) or Daycare Surgery for selected cases (patient admitted to hospital and have surgery on the same day).
- Provision of training ground for junior medical staffs, UNIMAS medical students, SEGI medical students, Medical Assistants, Student nurses (KKM & ITA).
- Provision of research in the field of Surgery.