Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) service in Sibu Hospital is based at the ENT Specialist Clinic No. 46 which is located in the lower ground floor, Specialist Clinic Block A. Out-patient consultation and clinic procedures will be done in the specialist clinic which well-equipped with four consultation rooms, one mini operation theatre, and one procedure room.
In-patient care will be provided in EENT Ward and is shared with Opthalmology Department and Neurosurgical Department (4 beds for male patients, 4 beds for female patients, 4 beds for chemo therapy).
ENT Department in Sibu Hospital also provides polysomography (level 1 sleep study) service which is done in the Sleep Lab in EENT ward.
Audiology and Speech Language Therapy services are run by respective unit in ENT Specialist Clinic.
- To provide professional and up-to-date management for ENT conditions to population of Sibu and also central zone of Sarawak.
- To improve the quality of life for ENT patients.
Scope of Services
- Out-patient and in-patient care for patient with
ENT condition (s)
- Quality assurance, clinical and health system research in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Training of doctors (new specialist and medical officers) and medical staff (including assistant medical officers and nurses) in ENT discipline and to provide advancement in their careers.
- Speech and Language therapy: Conduct specific screening and assessment tests, determine diagnosis and intervention programs and provide follow-up care services for both in and out-patient patients with communication and ingestion disorders.
- Prevention and screening for hearing loss.
- Hearing assessment.
- Selection, fitting and management of
amplification system including:
- Hearing aids,
- Ear implant including cochlear implant, middle ear implant, Bone Anchored Hearing Aid, Auditory Brainstem Implant.
- Assistive Listening Device
- Vestibular assessment and management.
- Tinnitus assessment and management.
- Audiological assessment and management for patient with Auditory Neuropathy, Central Processing Disorder.
- Occupational assessment and management.
- Prepare medical report.